–verb (used with object)
1. to feel sorrow or remorse for (an act, fault, disappointment, etc.): He no sooner spoke than he regretted it.
2. to think of with a sense of loss: to regret one's vanished youth.
3. a sense of loss, disappointment, dissatisfaction, etc.
4. a feeling of sorrow or remorse for a fault, act, loss, disappointment, etc.
5. regrets, a polite, usually formal refusal of an invitation: I sent her my regrets.
6. a note expressing regret at one's inability to accept an invitation: I have had four acceptances and one regret.
So, the way I read this, those who say they have no regrets have no disappointment in the things they have done, don't think it was their fault, etc. and so forth....hmmm.... Makes me think...that's cool, I get it, it's not my fault either. I mean saying "no regets" frees you of anything that has happen; clean slate. BUT, ultimately what I always wonder is, given the chance, would you do "it" over? Would you make a different decision? I would. I would do over some things. Why not given the chance?
However, I can't change anything. Nothing. So now a days, I try to do things that I won't regret. This is not guaranteed, but I will try. Nevertheless, to say you don't regret anything? Bananas!