Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dear Lisa T.,

I honestly don't really remember when we first met, I believe it was in high school. Okay, now I think I remember... President Bush (the 1st one) was doing a railroad tour and he came through downtown Norcross. You and Danielle were there with a school group, can't remember which one. From then on I just knew you as "Danielle's friend". Over the years we got to know one another and hang out, of course it was always with Danielle. But I remember one day we hung out and Danielle wasn't there, we had such a good time. It was at a UGA alumni event (not a black alumni event... you know what I am talking about). I am not sure if that was the first time we had ever hung out without Danielle, but it is the one that sticks out in my mind the most. That day you taught me how to meet people, you know "schmooze" and "network". It was something little, but it was priceless to me. It was something I had never done and probably wouldn't have done if it wasn't for you. Thank you! There are times when your presence has been so meaningful. When you came to see Isabel for the first time, I had just received some startling news. At the time you didn't know, but it meant so much to see you that day. Or when we were in New York, we all stayed up talking late. Later on that night I saw you walking to the bathroom and you gave me a big hug and you said you were there if I needed anything. I am glad you are not just, "Danielle's friend" I am so happy to know you are my friend too.

Love,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment