Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Dear Mama,

Today your baby turns 35! Can you believe it because I can't! (By the way, you know you look fabulous to have a 35 year old daughter! hehehe... I won't mention how old I am anymore) You were so funny calling me one afternoon earlier this month asking me, "How old are you going to be this month?" I answered, "Thirty-five.." For real Shannon?! Yeah, mama.. you got jokes!
I appreciate so many things you have done for me and I really can't thank you enough FOR EVERYTHING! But what I really want to thank you the most is showing me how to be true to myself and just be me. I mean everything about me. Me being a black female, me being a wife, me being a mother... everything that I am. I know sometimes I don't always follow your advice at first, but I promise I have never forgotten anything you have ever taught me. I always knew that when I grew up I wanted to be just like you. I appreciate how you always have an answer or a new perspective when I feel so lost. So many times I want to run to you when I have problems or issues, but I don't want to worry you at the same time. But honestly you gave me the foundation to really take on this world and make my own way. I got my "big girl panties" on and you taught me to wear them well!

I love you Mama so much,
Shanna-Poo

No comments:

Post a Comment